-There is a big difference between saying “road”, “street” or “avenue”. Often have will have all three, for example “Burke” road and “Burke street”. These two exist at different parts of the city… I learnt this the hard way when I took the tram into the city as apposed to out to a suburb for my quilting shop after asking for instructions on how to get to Burke road rather than Burke street… oi.
-Fish and Chips are expensive in Melbourne
-People are more helpful to a woman alone, rather than with someone. 😉
What I loved were :
- The bookshops, good independent ones everywhere I went.
- Public Transport was amazing… (I still prefer to bike tho!)
- The amount of people biking and the cool bike shops.
- The street artwork, sculptures and all
- The diversity of the people, it was common place to hear Italian, Chinese, Korean and all sorts of languages on the tram.
- Local designers
- Fabric stores
- Friendly peoples
- Cafe down the road from backpackers that we had breakfast at every morning played NZ music. 🙂
- Lots more!
Without further ado check out some of my pictures I have uploaded. Here is a taste.
Cool bookshops: Metropolitan on Elizabeth St (I think).
A bookshop for ONLY cooks called “books for cooks”! Fitzroy
City at night with some moon action and bird at a lighthouse stop along the Great Ocean Road
The view and our motorhome